Baseline Group is an established multi-disciplinary development consulting practice based out of Christchurch, New Zealand, although we also have offices in Marlborough and Central Otago and work on projects across New Zealand (including the Chatham Islands).
We pride ourselves on creating cost-effective and proactive solutions for our clients across a range of land development, surveying, planning and engineering projects.
We are undergoing significant growth and are seeking an Intermediate Planner to help develop our Marlborough planning team.
About the position:
Our planning team prepares and processes resource consent applications, prepares plan change applications, provides expert evidence at hearings, and generally assists with District Plans and gives advice to all manner of land developers, large and small.
The role is based in Marlborough with the potential for remote work for the right candidate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing designs for wastewater, stormwater, potable water, earthworks, and surface drainage networks
- Assessing and analysing catchment variables and calculating the modelling of fluid networks
- Preparing and understanding tender documents and supporting information for NZS3910 contracts, civil construction techniques and cost estimates
- Producing design and drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Monitoring site works and acting as the engineer’s representative to contract
- Confidently interacting with clients, contractors and colleagues
- Preparing reports to support engineering design, resource consent applications or other disciplines
- Site investigations
- Building relationships with local authority staff to resolve engineering issues
- Mentoring junior and graduate engineers
- 2-5 years of experience in a planning environment is preferred
- Proven experience with client communication and liaisons
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- A strong track record of managing time frames and meeting deadlines
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A clean driving record
What we offer:
- A very competitive compensation package, including professional memberships, opportunities for CPD, life insurance, income protection, productivity bonuses, and more.
- Flexible working opportunities
- Huge variety of projects
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Personal access to experienced directors
- An energising and social office environment
- A relaxed, yet ambitious team culture
Not sure you meet all the requirements?
We’re looking for the right people to join our team, not just someone who ticks a few boxes. If you think you’d be a good fit for this role but would like to discuss your experience or qualifications further, call or email to book a time to talk to one of our directors.
Think you know someone perfect for this role?
Please share it with them—if they end up joining the team, there might just be something in it for you.
All applicants for this position must have the ability to work permanently in New Zealand. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.