Baseline Group are a Christchurch based resource management planning, urban design, surveying, and engineering consultancy, specialising in land development with offices in 3 locations, Christchurch, Marlborough, and Cromwell.
We pride ourselves on creating cost-effective and proactive solutions for our clients across a range of land development, surveying, planning and engineering projects.
We are undergoing significant growth and have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team.
Land development project managers are responsible for overseeing the planning, design and construction of land development projects. They work with a variety of stakeholders—including developers, architects, engineers, contractors and other professionals—to ensure that all aspects of these projects are completed on time and within budget.
About the position
This opportunity is ideal for a motivated Project Manager with experience in the land development industry. The candidate must demonstrate strong project management skills and strong operational processes while working with a positive, innovative team of planners, surveyors, civil and structural engineers, and landscape architects. The position will involve overseeing the various land development services involved in subdivisions to allow us to deliver a completed project to our clients with minimal delay.
Responsibilities will include
- You'll be expected to lead project teams and mentor new staff.
- Responsibilities include project execution, proposal preparation and quality management.
- Participation in marketing and client development activities is also part of the job.
- You will interact with a variety of people to ensure project delivery and client satisfaction.
Land development project managers may also be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of their team or teams. This might include assigning tasks to individual team members, providing guidance and feedback as they complete their assignments, and ensuring that everyone is working toward the same goals.
- Strong track record of overseeing successful delivery of projects that include land development.
- Strong proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, public speaking ability, and problem-solving skills.
- Capability to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts
- Experience coordinating with other project professionals, meeting with clients, and meeting/negotiating with various local government agencies.
What we offer:
- A very competitive compensation package, including professional memberships, opportunities for CPD, life insurance, income protection, productivity bonuses, and more.
- Flexible working opportunities
- Huge variety of projects
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Personal access to experienced directors
- An energising and social office environment
- A relaxed, yet ambitious team culture
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not sure you meet all the requirements?
We’re looking for the right people to join our team, not just someone who ticks a few boxes. If you think you’d be a good fit for this role but would like to discuss your experience or qualifications further, call or email to book a time to talk to one of our directors.
Think you know someone perfect for this role?
Please share it with them—if they end up joining the team, there might just be something in it for you.
All applicants for this position must have the ability to work permanently in New Zealand. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.