Baseline Group is an established multi-disciplinary development consulting practice based out of Christchurch, New Zealand, although we also have offices in Marlborough and Central Otago and work on projects across New Zealand (including the Chatham Islands).
We pride ourselves on creating cost-effective and proactive solutions for our clients across a range of land development, surveying, planning and engineering projects.
About the position:
Working within our established engineering team, this position provides an incredible opportunity to utilise your extensive experience and guide the team in continuing to expand skills by working on a wide range of projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Detailed design for a range of projects, including:
- Residential new builds and remodels, 1-2 stories
- Townhouse developments
- High end residential builds on hill sites, 1-4 stories
- TC2/3 foundations
- Retaining walls
- seismic strengthening of existing buildings
- Mentoring junior staff and reviewing work of others for internal QA
- Liaising with architects, clients, and building authorities
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team and executing designs to a high standard
- Managing your own projects from preliminary design through construction monitoring
- Overseeing larger projects with multiple engineers
- Carrying out site inspections/observations
- Tertiary qualification in structural engineering
- 8 plus years’ experience, at least 3 in NZ
- Current CPENG
- Familiarity with NZ building codes and standards
- Familiarity with design of concrete, concrete masonry, steel, and timber structures including:
- Precast and concrete masonry shear walls
- Steel portal frames and k-braces
- Rigid and flexible diaphragms
- Custom ply shear walls and diaphragms
- High proficiency in seismic design and exposure to performance based design
- Computer literacy and experience with engineering software (ETABS, Microstran, SPACE GASS, etc)
- Effective time management and communication skills
- Ability to mentor junior team members
Applicants must have the legal right to work in NZ and be currently located in the country.
What we offer:
- A very competitive compensation package, including professional memberships, opportunities for CPD, life insurance, income protection, productivity bonuses, and more.
- Flexible working opportunities
- Huge variety of projects
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Personal access to experienced directors
- An energising and social office environment
- A relaxed, yet ambitious team culture
Not sure you meet all the requirements?
We’re looking for the right people to join our team, not just someone who ticks a few boxes. If you think you’d be a good fit for this role but would like to discuss your experience or qualifications further, call or email to book a time to talk to one of our directors.
Think you know someone perfect for this role?
Please share it with them—if they end up joining the team, there might just be something in it for you.
All applicants for this position must have the ability to work permanently in New Zealand. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.