Skip to main content


Developing land in Marlborough, Nelson or Tasman?

From Marlborough’s expansive viticulture, forestry and aquaculture industries, to its beautiful homes in the picturesque Marlborough sounds, the Marlborough region has a lot of opportunities on offer. Our Marlborough team can help navigate through resource consents from Council, including those required to establish your dream home, or expand your business.

With experience across the top of the south, the Marlborough team can also assist with your rural land development in Tasman’s rolling countryside, through to infill dwelling development in Nelson’s City centre.

We work with you and your designer to provide advice on new dwelling designs including maximum heights, site coverage, recession plane intrusion limits and associated earthworks consents for new buildings, extensions and renovations. In rural areas we can assist with seeking discharge permits for septic tanks, and in coastal areas we can assist with consents relating to landscape, natural character and coastal permits.

Get in touch with 'Anna the Planner' at our Marlborough office

Building in Marlborough, Nelson or Tasman?

Our structural engineering team understands the full building process, offering advice and solutions on compliance, constructability, sustainable solutions, and beyond. They are able to leverage their diverse experiences and close relationships with the wider Baseline teams to meet the needs of projects big and small.

Lean more

Who we work with

We support individuals and groups that want to develop their property regardless of the size of the project. From first time home builds through to the most experienced land development we can offer the planning support to identify the most appropriate options to unlock the potential of land.

We offer ongoing support to architects and housing companies navigating the ever-changing provisions associated with land development through district and city plans, and through national government planning directions.

Whether you’re an architect, developer or builder, or you own a rural/lifestyle or residential property, find out how we can help you.

Our services

We pride ourselves on providing you with honest advice about your projects that require resource consent. With comprehensive planning services in our Marlborough office, we can help with your subdivision and land use consents applications. In addition, we help you with water take and use permits, discharge permits and coastal permits.

Our advice comes at a competitive rate and we offer you a no surprises approach for everything we do. See all our services