Join our team
We are land development experts, driven to unlock the potential in property. We simplify the land development process and maximise our client’s opportunities wherever possible.
If you are a savvy thinker who wants to be part of a cohesive team, we want to hear from you.
Please send a cover letter and CV using the link below.Email us today
We’ll pay $10k to find and keep the right Surveyor.
Established in Christchurch over 30 years ago, Baseline Group is a medium sized multi-disciplinary practice who pride ourselves on cost-effective and pro-active solutions to land development, surveying planning and engineering projects. We work closely with all manner of allied professions and trades and are able to quickly and concisely communicate consultancy advice and information to all parties.
With offices in Christchurch, Marlborough and Central Otago, we have projects all over New Zealand, including the Chatham Islands.
We are seeking a Surveyor to join our busy Christchurch office.
This is a position involving all types of surveys, including land transfer, engineering set-out and as-builts, topographic mapping and laser scanning. You will have access to modern GPS, Robotic Total Station and surveying software.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills:
- Experience in the New Zealand Land Transfer System.
- Experience in post-quake Christchurch is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of 12d, Landonline and Autocad software.
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A clean drivers licence.
- A desire to be a part of an energising and social office.
- In return, we offer a competitive package including professional memberships and other benefits.
All applications, including a full curriculum vitae and covering letter, will be treated in the strictest of confidence.Please email your CV and cover letter to us
We are undergoing significant growth and are seeking an Intermediate Planner to help develop our planning team. The successful candidate will have at least 2-5 years' experience, proven experience with client communication and liaisons and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
We are offering the role in Marlborough with the potential for remote work if from out of town.
Our planning team prepares and processes resource consent applications, prepares plan change applications, provides expert evidence at hearings, and generally provides District Plan help and advice to all manner of land developers, large and small.
We are offering a competitive salary.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.Please email your CV and cover letter to us
Intermediate Civil Engineer
We’ll pay $10K to find and keep the right experienced Intermediate Civil Engineer.
Baseline Group is a South Island based multi-disciplined land development consultancy, specialising in resource management planning, surveying and civil engineering. We are currently seeking an experienced Intermediate Civil Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience, including the civil engineering design of subdivisions and other land development projects.
This role will suit someone ambitious looking for a challenge in growing their skills. It will not be right for many, which is why we are offering a $10K bonus, payable when the chosen person has held the role for 12 months. This incentive is offered to either the successful applicant (if applying directly) or as a ‘finder’s fee’ for the person who makes the introduction. The position also comes with a competitive salary and employee benefits.
The role requires:
- Preparing civil engineering design of wastewater, stormwater, potable water, earthworks, and surface drainage networks.
- Assessment and analysis of catchment variables and undertake calculation modelling of fluid networks.
- Preparation and understanding of tender documents and supporting information for NZS3910 contracts, and civil construction techniques and cost estimates.
- Producing design and drawings using AutoCAD civil 3D; Microsoft Office skills are also necessary.
- Monitoring site works and act as the engineer’s representative to contract.
- Confident and competent interactions with clients and contractors (and colleagues); ability to understand client requirements and provide design solutions.
- Preparation of reports to support engineering design, resource consent applications or other disciplines.
- Site investigations.
- Building relationships with local authority staff to resolve engineering issues.
- A strong track record of managing time frames and meeting deadlines.
- Reporting directly to the Engineering Team Leader and working within our established engineering team.
All applicants need New Zealand residency or hold a valid work visa. Please email Hayley (below) with your CV and cover letter or details of your prospective candidate.
Please email your CV and cover letter to us